Drug addiction is a challenging condition that can ruin your life if not treated promptly. Deciding to overcome your addiction is the first step toward recovery. However, you need varying levels of care depending on the severity of your addiction. Residential inpatient treatment is the highest level of care you can get for your substance use disorder. Knowing what to expect during residential program care helps you determine whether it is the right choice for you.
What is residential inpatient rehab treatment?
As the name suggests, residential treatment is a drug addiction treatment method wherein you have to reside at a treatment facility. A residential treatment program provides a supportive environment essential to overcoming severe addictions. You receive a proper treatment plan, therapies, and group counseling with peers to help you recover at a residential care facility.
Why do you need a residential drug treatment program?
There are several benefits of joining a residential care treatment facility for substance abuse treatment. The most prominent ones include:
1. Round-the-clock care: The first stage of recovery is inpatient detox. The detoxification stage can be challenging with severe addictions as the patient requires round-the-clock medical supervision, which is rarely possible at home. Residential treatment programs ensure you receive the proper medical care 24X7 for drug abuse or alcohol abuse.
2. Removal from the current situation: Most people use addictive substances to avoid stressful emotions. Even though they receive outpatient treatment, they still go back to the overwhelming problems that might trigger their substance use disorders.
3. Multiple therapies: When you stay at the facility, you can attend sessions such as individual therapy, family therapy, and group therapy to help you recover faster from substance addiction. Attending multiple treatments when you are in outpatient rehab can be challenging.
4. Added support system: During residential programs, you get to spend time and share your problems with people who are going through a similar situation. It gives you the emotional support you need to overcome your addiction.
What are the disadvantages of residential treatment centers?
Although it is essential to receive residential care treatment in certain medical circumstances, you must consider it carefully, as it has some disadvantages. These include:
Although some health insurance plans cover residential rehab, the treatment costs are higher.
You may need to put your other responsibilities, like work and home, on hold till you get better enough to leave the facility.
Is residential care the right choice for you?
Residential care treatments are beneficial in treating various mental health disorders, including:
- Bipolar disorder
- Substance abuse disorders
- Post Traumatic Stress disorder
- Eating disorders
- Personality disorders
- Mental Health Disorder
- Co-occurring mental health
However, it is best to consult a clinical psychologist or a therapist to determine whether you need residential treatment for your individual case.
About Magnolia Ranch Recovery Addiction Treatment Center
Treating substance abuse is essential to save yourself from the damaging effects of drugs and alcohol addiction. At Magnolia Ranch Recovery, we offer premium addiction treatment services to our clients and assist them with drug rehabilitation and treatment for co-occurring disorders. Our team of trained therapists aims to provide supportive and compassionate care to those suffering from drug abuse. Our clients choose us for our personalized inpatient programs, residential treatment, and individually designed treatment options. For more information about us, contact 888-992-7955 or write to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also fill out our contact form to get a call back from us.