Alcoholism is a severe problem in the United States, with over 15 million Americans struggling with it. Numbers show it is far more common than you may think. Alcoholism can occur for various reasons, including genetics, behavioral issues, and a combination of all of them. Alcoholism shows up in several forms, but at the core, it is an addiction and must be treated accordingly.
Getting help is critical to manage and treat alcoholism. Read on to know how you can get that help at addiction treatment centers in Tennessee.
Symptoms of alcoholism
Understanding the symptoms of alcoholism is the first step toward recognizing a problem. Some of the most common signs of alcoholism are:
- Increasing the frequency and quantity of alcohol consumption.
- Increasing tolerance to using alcohol.
- Dependence on alcohol to function normally in everyday life.
- Increased lethargy, depression, anxiety, and other emotional problems.
- Increased health problems including obesity, indigestion, organ damage, and other issues.
- Giving up on time with friends and family and/or hobbies.
- Getting into financial and legal trouble to buy and consume alcohol.
Treatment options for alcoholism
Treatment of alcoholism depends on factors such as your level of addiction, medical condition, financial condition, and the situation at home and workplace. Some of the standard treatment methods you can opt for include:
- Behavioral treatment: Your therapist can recommend behavioral therapies that help eliminate your drinking habits. These therapies can be in group or individual sessions.
- Medication: There are several FDA-approved drugs that your medical practitioner can prescribe to help treat your alcoholism. Your health practitioner can combine these meds with behavioral therapies and/or counseling.
- Mutual-support groups: Several support groups, such as Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) and other 12-step programs, can help you overcome your alcoholism. These programs are vital in helping you overcome your alcoholism as they help you find the emotional support you need to survive the recovery process.
Where to start?
Now that you know the symptoms and methods you can pick to help treat your alcohol addiction, where do you start?
Start with a primary care doctor. They will help diagnose your condition and develop a treatment plan that suits your needs.
They can recommend in-patient care if they feel you won’t be able to do well in outpatient care.
About Magnolia Ranch Recovery Addiction Treatment Center
Treating substance abuse is essential to saving yourself from the damaging effects of drugs and alcohol addiction. At Magnolia Ranch Recovery, we offer premium addiction treatment services to our clients and assist them with drug rehabilitation and treatment for co-occurring disorders. Our team of trained therapists aims to provide supportive and compassionate care to those suffering from drug abuse. Our clients choose us for our personalized in-patient, drug recovery, residential, and individually designed treatment options.
For more information about us, contact 888-992-7955 or write to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also fill out our contact form to get a call back from us.